My Blog List

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chinese people celebrating the Moon Festival with performance

Today My mom, Dad, and I went to a park in Fremont so Chinese people could perform there for the Moon Festival which was 4 days ago. My dad was parking the car so my mom and I went to the performances. There was a person giving a introduction so my mom and I went on a paddle boat and paddled on the small Lake Elizabeth. During the paddle we bumped into some reeds, picked out a wine bottle and got my dad to take two pictures. After that I got some cold vanilla ice cream. Then I watched some performances and they kind of weird. Then my mom told me to go on the fancy jump house but after burning my foot on my foot on the slide I went out and found my mom. After finding out what time it ended my mom and I went for a short walk and then went home.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jonathan,

    Keep up your good habit of writing the blogs to record your life! Nice job for a E.S student. Writing is fun and rewarding. You will really appreciate your decision to write down these blogs. I will suggest you write from your five senses when you describe an event. What you see (such as color, light, people's expression), what you hear (such as noise, music, conversation), what you taste (such as the taste of your ice cream), what you smell(such as the delicious food, flower) and what you touch (how you feel). You do not have to use all five senses each time. But by using some of them, I believe your writing will become more vivid. When people read your blog, they feel like they are experiencing the event with you. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. E.S stands for elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the Moon Festival celebration in Fremont. I didn't get a chance to go but I learned something from your blog. Please provide more details. I would love to know more about the activities. Was there something you liked? Or was it just too boring?

    One thing I noticed when reading this piece is the number of the word "then" in it. I used to tell Michael "too many then" in his journals.

    ReplyDelete